Old t-shirts are great for crafting. They're stretchy, never fray, come in every imaginable color and almost everyone has a spare on hand. Embellished with beads, rein stones, bits of leather or ribbon, this project will turn out different each time you try it. Heres how:
You will need:
- a few t-shirts cut into strips on the bias. (the longer the better)
-beads, shells, ribbon, and anything else you wish to decorate with.
1. Begin by looping the longest piece of fabric around an anchor like a pencil, chopstick, or in my case, an x-acto knife handle.
2. Finger crochet a single chain stitch until you run out of fabric. Pull through to secure. If you don't know how to create a single chain stitch, click here.
3. Now take another piece of fabric, preferably in a different color and loop it through the first stitch. Braid this fabric into the chain and tie off on the back when you've reached the end.
4. Its time to decorate. This part is optional and can obviously done anyway you like. I made one with rein stones here.
5. At this point, add your new piece to a stack of bracelets for a bit of arm candy or attach a chain to create a statement necklace. Experiment with colors, textures, fabric and decorations for a one-of a-kind look every time!